Terms & Conditions
No one likes to be paid 30 days after their work is done, or have to chase people down for late payments. Full payment is required immediately in exchange for work completed. In the case of on-going projects, payment for completed work up to a certain point - 30 days, or a milestone in the project - is required. Lets be fair about payments, and the hard work and dedication (and survival) of our designers. It's a mutual respect.
- Design - Deposits may or may not be requested prior to any design work beginning. If you had requested a digital file only, your file will be sent to you immediately after full balance is paid.
- Print Products - Print (and any design work, or other costs pertaining to the project) requires payment upon receipt of product (pick up or delivery). However, when a product is shipped directly to our customers, full payment must be made prior to any print order being placed. Large print orders may require a deposit.
- Website Design - Website design requires a deposit as there are initial costs involved that we need to cover. Because websites can take anywhere from 1 day to 1 month or more, payment(s) for work completed after a period of time has passed may be requested.
- Website Hosting - Website hosting is an annual payment, required prior to beginning your term or term renewal.
For your convenience, we accept the following payment methods:
- Certified cheque
- Credit card (most major credit cards accepted)
By hiring Blue Monster Creative, and / or giving your consent to print, and / or by using any artwork created by Blue Monster Creative, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Printing and Final Product
Blue Monster Creative owns copyright to all original work. Unless requested in advance, Blue Monster Creative retains all layered and working files. After a client pays for their design, they are granted a license to the final and flattened press file and may request this file. A fee for sending the press file to the client is generally not applicable, however in rare instances, one might apply.
License to use artwork / products is granted once Blue Monster Creative is paid in full. All work requests must be paid in full. All print and hardware orders must be paid in full upon receipt of deliverables. Drop-shipped orders must be paid for in advance.
Liability and Indemnification
Blue Monster Creative / Designer shall not be responsible for:
1) Errors once the file(s) has been approved to print by the client; Colour may not always be exact as monitors and printers vary in calibration.
2) Copyright and ownership of images or other information provided by the client.
3) The quality or timeliness of third-party / printer services. In the rare event of damages or degradation to the product, Designer will not be held liable and is not responsible for any care or maintenance of the final deliverable. Designer will take any possible action within their means to rectify, reimburse, refund, or have reprints made, but cannot guarantee the third party’s full compliance. Client shall be responsible to pay full invoiced cost, and understands Blue Monster Creative / Designer does not have complete control over items printed, produced, or delivered by a third party (printer).
The Disappearing Act
Unfortunately, there's always a few who ruin it for others. It is because of these people, that these terms had to be created. If you happen to be one of the rare clients who choose to not pay for products or services that you hired Blue Monster Creative for, please continue to read the following:
Blue Monster Creative retains the right to suspend work, file transfers, print orders, websites, and website hosting at anytime if client is not willing to pay for work completed and/or requested by the client. 30 days after the due date of a design or print invoice is the maximum leeway granted for payments, and at our discretion. Website Hosting has zero leeway since it is billed well in advance of its renewal date. A fee to un-suspend services will be required.
We understand that some projects take longer / involve committees, etc. If work sits for close to 30 days, we will send an invoice for work completed within that month. Future work will resume once previous work has been paid for.
Unpaid invoices will accrue interest as per the rate at the bottom of the invoice. We reserve the right to not send out monthly statements as we prefer to spend our time working with our awesome, respectful clients (rather than chasing down deadbeat clients). We may, however, send an occasional statement that shows the interest accrued, and potentially a date in court. But we're good, friendly, people, and we'd much rather work out a payment plan or alternative that's fair for both sides. Give us a shout and we'll happily work with you.
Blue Monster Creative offers the following:
Design is a service and records are kept of the time spent on each project. Time cannot be replaced. There is no refund on design time. Full payment is required on all designs.
Print refunds or exchanges are examined on a case by case basis. Unless an order is shipped directly to the client, Blue Monster Creative thoroughly inspects each order before it reaches the client. Although it is extremely rare, if an order arrives damaged or is unusable by obvious defects due to printing, finishing or hardware issues (eg, banner stands), Blue Monster Creative will do its best to replace, reprint, or exchange hardware by means of standard shipping times (Your print order is generally made a priority and goes to print almost immediately. Ground shipping times are not guaranteed). Spelling, informational, or other errors not caught during final client approval still require full payment to Blue Monster Creative. Blue Monster Creative is not liable for any errors once the client approves the file(s) for print. All files are to be approved by the client via email.
Websites are launched fully updated and fully functional, unless requested otherwise. Once a website is live and the client has full administrator access (unless specified otherwise), there is no warranty or guarantee on any products or services related to your website at the time of launch. We offer free phone and email support for at least 1 year after launch. No website is safe from hackers. Please inquire about best practices to increase security on your website. Standard Disclaimer: There is no warranty on websites. Once we launch your site, if something breaks or needs repairs, Blue Monster Creative does not have an obligation to fix it free of charge.
Website Maintenance Plans
Plans do not necessarily provide protection against hackers; however, keeping your site updated increases security and lowers the chance of attacks. Maintenance Plans are non-refundable. Please see further details here.
Website Hosting is non-refundable.